Thursday, October 8, 2015

Hey, I'm okay!

I like this book because even though it takes place in the 60's it still has a concept of modern life which shows us how we are alike with Americans in the 60's.
Just like today, people are trying yet struggling to find jobs and housing. They may not have electronics but they have there on perspective on what is modern. This book also addresses domestic violence with examples including the main character against his father and brother. I feel like the main character is a lot like me because we both jmoved away from our school and friends. I feel like soon enough the character is going to get really hurt by his brother or father and have to go to the hospital. The reason I think this is because he is hiding a signed Dodgers jacket from his brother and his father is really abusive. I also believe that the main character is going to make new friends because he has visited the library a few times and has met some people who have been nice to him but I honestly don't have a clue if they are friend worthy of the socially awkward main character. I recommend this book to anyone who likes to read because even though it's a short book anyone who has read if will have something good to say about it because it is appealing to even the most picky reader. It is fun to read how the main character overcomes his hardships and obstacles. Even though he is quiet and doesn't cause problems, bad luck always comes his way. He is always nice to even the meanest people and plays it cool. He doesn't seem to be the fighting type, but this book is unpredictable, so you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment